# Getting Started with Convertify
Convertify is a premium Figma plugin that lets you automatically convert your designs from Figma to Sketch and Adobe XD files with one click.
- One-click, automatic conversion from Figma to Sketch or Adobe XD (BETA).
- Use instantly in Figma; no other websites, apps or APIs required.
- Converts each artboard (layer-by-layer) to a real .sketch or .xd file.
- Simple pages converted in seconds; larger pages in minutes.
- Converts almost all layer styles and properties (see below for details).
- Retains all your Figma export settings for every layer.
- Keeps your layer's visiblility/locked/expanded (etc) states.
- Download the exported .sketch or .xd file to your computer from Figma.
# Installing the plugin
Figma Organization Users
Anyone with a Figma account can install plugins; however, users in a Figma Organization may only be able to install approved plugins.
Ensure you're logged into your Figma account, then follow the steps below to install the Convertify Figma plugin.
# Install with your Web Browser
Navigate to the Convertify Figma plugin page in your web browser, then click the Install button in the top right hand side of the page to install Convertify.
# Install with the Figma Desktop App
- Open the file browser in Figma.
- Click the Community page in the sidebar.
- Enter Convertify into the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Plugins tab to filter results to plugins only.
- Click the Install button on the right-hand side of the Convertify search result.
# Running the plugin
Edit Access Required
Anyone with Edit access to a file can run a plugin in that file, anyone who only has View permissions won't be able to run any plugins in that file.
Once you've installed the Convertify Figma plugin, you can switch back into any Figma project file, then follow the steps below.
- Right-click anywhere on your Figma project canvas
- Hover your mouse over Plugins
- Click on the Convertify plugin
# Quickly re-running the plugin
After you've run the Convertify plugin once in a Figma file, you'll be able to quickly re-launch it by clicking the Convertify icon in the right-hand side Figma column (under the "Plugin" subheading).
# Activating the plugin
After using the trial version of Convertify 10 times, you'll be asked for your license key to continue using the plugin. Simply enter your key, select your plan and click Activate.
Need a Convertify License?
You can purchase a license key for you or your team by visiting the Convertify plugin page on the Figmatic website.
VPN may be required in China
Please note, if you're in China, the license server may be blocked by "The Great Firewall of China". If you're seeing a license error, despite using a valid key, you will likely need to use a VPN to resolve the issue.