# Getting Started with CopyDoc
CopyDoc (opens new window) is a premium Figma plugin that lets you update text via CSV/JSON, download Figma comments, and export Microsoft Word documents.
- Use instantly inside Figma; no extra websites, apps or APIs required.
- Export all Figma text layers to CSV and JSON.
- Bulk update Figma text layers via CSV/JSON import.
- Easy text localization via XLIFF file export and import.
- Export Figma frames to Microsoft Word (.docx) documents.
- Download all Figma comments to CSV and JSON.
- Optionally include design references for text layers and comments.
# Installing the plugin
Figma Organization Users
Anyone with a Figma account can install plugins; however, users in a Figma Organization may only be able to install approved plugins.
Ensure you're logged into your Figma account, then follow the steps below to install the CopyDoc Figma plugin.
# Install with your Web Browser
Navigate to the CopyDoc Figma plugin (opens new window) page in your web browser, then click the Install button in the top right hand side of the page to install CopyDoc.
# Install with the Figma Desktop App
- Open the file browser in Figma.
- Click the Community page in the sidebar.
- Enter CopyDoc into the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Plugins tab to filter results to plugins only.
- Click the Install button on the right-hand side of the CopyDoc search result.
# Running the plugin
Edit Access Required
Anyone with Edit access to a file can run a plugin in that file, anyone who only has View permissions won't be able to run any plugins in that file.
Once you've installed the CopyDoc Figma plugin, you can switch back into any Figma project file, then follow the steps below.
- Right-click anywhere on your Figma project canvas
- Hover your mouse over Plugins
- Click on the CopyDoc plugin
# Quickly re-running the plugin
After you've run the CopyDoc plugin once in a Figma file, you'll be able to quickly re-launch it by clicking the CopyDoc icon in the right-hand side Figma column (under the "Plugin" subheading).
# Activating the plugin
After using the trial version of CopyDoc 15 times, you'll be asked for your license key to continue using the plugin. Simply enter your key, select your plan and click Activate.
Need a CopyDoc License?
You can purchase a license key for you or your team by visiting the CopyDoc (opens new window) plugin page on the Figmatic website.
VPN may be required in China
Please note, if you're in China, the license server may be blocked by "The Great Firewall of China". If you're seeing a license error, despite using a valid key, you will likely need to use a VPN to resolve the issue.