# Getting Started with Emailify
Emailify (opens new window) is a premium Figma plugin that lets you design and export responsive, production ready HTML emails from Figma..
- Use instantly in Figma; no other websites, apps or APIs required.
- Quickly design emails using dozens of included common components.
- Add your own re-usable components with the custom component builder.
- Customise your text, images, styles and auto-layout settings with Figma.
- Easily specify responsive design overrides (per layer) for mobile.
- Dark mode custom color overrides and image swaps (for supported (opens new window) clients)
- Supports exporting animated GIFs from Figma layers in email designs.
- Preview your real HTML email at different device sizes directly inside the plugin.
- Supports Google Fonts (with web safe fallbacks for unsupported (opens new window) clients).
- No coding required; export responsive, production ready HTML with one-click.
- Automatically generates a preview page with all of your HTML emails.
- Optionally export developer friendly MJML source code.
- Download the exported .zip file to your computer from Figma.
# Installing the plugin
Figma Organization Users
Anyone with a Figma account can install plugins; however, users in a Figma Organization may only be able to install approved plugins.
Ensure you're logged into your Figma account, then follow the steps below to install the Emailify Figma plugin.
# Install with your Web Browser
Navigate to the Emailify Figma Plugin (opens new window) page in your web browser, then click the Install button in the top right hand side of the page to install Emailify.
# Install with the Figma Desktop App
- Open the file browser in Figma.
- Click the Community page in the sidebar.
- Enter Emailify into the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Plugins tab to filter results to plugins only.
- Click the Install button on the right-hand side of the Emailify search result.
# Running the plugin
Edit Access Required
Anyone with Edit access to a file can run a plugin in that file, anyone who only has View permissions won't be able to run any plugins in that file.
Once you've installed the Emailify Figma plugin, you can switch back into any Figma project file, then follow the steps below.
- Right-click anywhere on your Figma project canvas
- Hover your mouse over Plugins
- Click on the Emailify plugin
# Quickly re-running the plugin
After you've run the Emailify plugin once in a Figma file, you'll be able to quickly re-launch it by clicking the Emailify icon in the right-hand side Figma column (under the "Plugin" subheading).
# Activating the plugin
After using the trial version of Emailify 15 times, you'll be asked for your license key to continue using the plugin. Simply enter your key, select your plan and click Activate.
Need a Emailify License?
You can purchase a license key for you or your team by visiting the Emailify (opens new window) plugin page on the Figmatic website.
VPN may be required in China
Please note, if you're in China, the license server may be blocked by "The Great Firewall of China". If you're seeing a license error, despite using a valid key, you will likely need to use a VPN (opens new window) to resolve the issue.