# Getting Started with Favvy
Favvy (opens new window) is a premium Figma plugin that lets you export production ready favicons (with code) for your website or PWA from Figma in seconds.
- Seamlessly preview and customise your favicons in Favvy.
- Generates all of the code and image files required.
- Copy/pasteable HTML snippet for your tag.
- Includes a PWA (progressive web app) manifest file.
- Production ready favicon .zip package, in seconds.
# Installing the plugin
Figma Organization Users
Anyone with a Figma account can install plugins; however, users in a Figma Organization may only be able to install approved plugins.
Ensure you're logged into your Figma account, then follow the steps below to install the Favvy Figma plugin.
# Install with your Web Browser
Navigate to the Favvy Figma plugin (opens new window) page in your web browser, then click the Install button in the top right hand side of the page to install Favvy.
# Install with the Figma Desktop App
- Open the file browser in Figma.
- Click the Community page in the sidebar.
- Enter Favvy into the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Plugins tab to filter results to plugins only.
- Click the Install button on the right-hand side of the Favvy search result.
# Running the plugin
Edit Access Required
Anyone with Edit access to a file can run a plugin in that file, anyone who only has View permissions won't be able to run any plugins in that file.
Once you've installed the Favvy Figma plugin, you can switch back into any Figma project file, then follow the steps below.
- Right-click anywhere on your Figma project canvas
- Hover your mouse over Plugins
- Click on the Favvy plugin
# Quickly re-running the plugin
After you've run the Favvy plugin once in a Figma file, you'll be able to quickly re-launch it by clicking the Favvy icon in the right-hand side Figma column (under the "Plugin" subheading).
# Activating the plugin
After using the trial version of Favvy 5 times, you'll be asked for your license key to continue using the plugin. Simply enter your key, select your plan and click Activate.
Need a Favvy License?
You can purchase a license key for you or your team by visiting the Favvy (opens new window) plugin page on the Figmatic website.
VPN may be required in China
Please note, if you're in China, the license server may be blocked by "The Great Firewall of China". If you're seeing a license error, despite using a valid key, you will likely need to use a VPN to resolve the issue.