# Getting Started with Pixelay
Pixelay (opens new window) is a premium Figma plugin that lets you compare Figma designs with your local website development builds using smart browser overlays.
- Compare multiple Figma designs and URLs at the same time.
- No user accounts, browser extensions or apps required.
- Overlays: Transparent, split screen, toggle, drag and diff.
- Optionally specify different website page URLs per Figma frame.
- Supports localhost using BrowerSync or Hot Module Reloading.
- Built-in pixel ruler for measuring space differences in comparisons.
- Get perfect web builds that match your Figma designs everytime.
# Installing the plugin
Figma Organization Users
Anyone with a Figma account can install plugins; however, users in a Figma Organization may only be able to install approved plugins.
Ensure you're logged into your Figma account, then follow the steps below to install the Pixelay Figma plugin.
# Install with your Web Browser
Navigate to the Pixelay Figma plugin (opens new window) page in your web browser, then click the Install button in the top right hand side of the page to install Pixelay.
# Install with the Figma Desktop App
- Open the file browser in Figma.
- Click the Community page in the sidebar.
- Enter Pixelay into the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Plugins tab to filter results to plugins only.
- Click the Install button on the right-hand side of the Pixelay search result.
# Running the plugin
Edit Access Required
Anyone with Edit access to a file can run a plugin in that file, anyone who only has View permissions won't be able to run any plugins in that file.
Once you've installed the Pixelay Figma plugin, you can switch back into any Figma project file, then follow the steps below.
- Right-click anywhere on your Figma project canvas
- Hover your mouse over Plugins
- Click on the Pixelay plugin
# Quickly re-running the plugin
After you've run the Pixelay plugin once in a Figma file, you'll be able to quickly re-launch it by clicking the Pixelay icon in the right-hand side Figma column (under the "Plugin" subheading).
# Activating the plugin
After using the trial version of Pixelay 10 times, you'll be asked for your license key to continue using the plugin. Simply enter your key, select your plan and click Activate.
Need a Pixelay License?
You can purchase a license key for you or your team by visiting the Pixelay (opens new window) plugin page on the Figmatic website.
VPN may be required in China
Please note, if you're in China, the license server may be blocked by "The Great Firewall of China". If you're seeing a license error, despite using a valid key, you will likely need to use a VPN to resolve the issue.